Sunday, January 11, 2009

Author Louis L'Amour's "The Haunted Mesa" –

On my website, I mention that I love books and that all my favorites are non-fiction. Actually, I don’t recall reading a fictional book since I was a child reading July Bolton mysteries. Recently, though, "The Haunted Mesa" came into my hands by way of Jerry, who is an ardent fan of Louis L’Amour’s many books of adventure stories and mysteries. Mr. L’Amour passed away in 1988, but his books are still very popular and sought-after. Anyway, this particular book is intriguing and unusual and I’m at Chapter 29 of the 43 chapters. The book is spell-binding and enjoyable.

1 comment:

D.M. McGowan said...

Louis L'Amour is definetly one of my heros. Every one of his novels and short stories is highly entertaining and usually contains at least a little something that can be call historical. He claimed to never do a re-write and, naturally, every one of his works has at least one mistake. Not only are the stories entertaining but finding those errors can allso add a little.
Dave
www.dmmcgowan.blogspot.com