Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Here In The City

In contrast to my former abode, residing in the city offers its own pleasant features (besides city services which are lacking in the county suburbs). Here neighbors communicate with each other. If you happen to have good neighbors, this is really nice. While covering my trees and plants the other night (see post above about freeze warnings), my neighbor, John, was also covering many of his plantings, carefully wrapping them and neatly fastening the coverings so they wouldn’t flap in the wind (unlike some of mine that were indeed trying their best to flap). He commented to me about what plant-lovers we are. Moments later, the voice of Chris, my neighbor on the other side, rang out with a comment typical of his style: "This weather’s crazy, man", as he shivered with no jacket.

No comments: