Friday, December 26, 2008

The Leaf-Blower's Concert --

Don’t you just love the sound of a leaf-blower during dinner? The man across the street has, what I’ve long-ago decided, a fetish for his leaf-blower. Blowing his real and imaginary leaves is something he does recreationally in all seasons, as well as when the trees actually are shedding. Yesterday, our holiday dinner was accompanied by the loud, monotonous drone (non-lilting strains) of the leaf machine. Well, his yard is always tidy, so I look on that bright side...and turn on a music CD.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leaf-blowers, yuk! This is definitely a great peeve of mine. Stinky, noisy, generally nasty little machines. When elected to rule the world, I'll make it my first order of business to get rid of them! But until then, I'll use them as an opportunity to expand my patience :-)

Anonymous said...

There is a definant addictive element to a leaf blower. Our neighbor does the very same thing. She even does it at night sometimes. Her yard is also very tidy .... disturbingly so :) Sanman

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...reading this one brings back fond memories of the old neighborhood. I used to marvel at the frequency and odd hours he elected to tend the leaves. I always considered it something of an accomplishment if I ran the leaf blower just once a season and even felt triumphant if I did it before December!! :-)