Monday, June 22, 2009

Angels, Heroes, & Upcoming Anniversary of July 27th...

Somehow the upcoming first anniversary of the shootings at my church suggests to me that this would be a good time for me to acknowledge and honor my life's heroes ...

My mother, who had an amazingly giving and generous spirit and who was my cheerleader and promoter.

My paternal grandmother, who was my childhood playmate and talented mentor.

The men at TVUUC who saved my life on July 27, 2008.

The people who work as advocates for and rescuers of animals and our earth.

The musicial artists who write, sing, and play about truth in their music; the visual artists who state truth in their drawings and paintings.

Philip, my multi-talented friend who was also my ardent and steadfast fan.

Gerald, who has humor and a generous heart.

Harry, who I'll always remember for his vision, sensitivity, and honesty.

Dr. Griffith and Dr. Stewart, who are very kind and very wise.

Diana, who has integrity, courage, and strength.

My guardian angel(s) who come to my rescue every time I call.

My beautiful Dixie Lee.

Myself, for my fortitude and (what I believe is) a gentle heart.

~To all that is good, thanks be for the breath of life~

And my heartfelt thanks to my circle of friends for their love, loyalty, and encouragement.




No comments: